Abi bin Abi Taleb (599—661 A.D.)
Teach your child to not be prejudice, ignorant, and uptight.
1. If you don’t like the way he kisses you, you won’t like the way he fucks you. Get up and leave.
2. If he won’t go down on you, but expects you to go down on him, laugh. Get up and leave.
3. If you don’t want to do something and he doesn’t respect that, slap him round the face. Get up and leave.
4. If he isn’t okay with the imperfections on your skin, if he says they turn him off, get up and leave.
5. If you don’t want to shave your legs and he thinks that’s disgusting and refuses to touch them, get up and leave.
6. If he doesn’t see your body as a masterpiece, as a complete work of art, get up and leave.
7. If he makes you feel uncomfortable about any part of your body, get up and leave.”
When I was just starting high school, a girl who rode my bus invited me to stay the night at her house and when I did she got really emotional and told me no girls ever stayed over because she was a lesbian and if you don’t think that’s the saddest thing ever you need to re-evaluate your life
Dara Keo was just 12 when her mother sold her virginity for $500 to a wealthy, powerful Cambodian man. The virgin trade in Cambodia thrives due to a cultural myth that sex with a virgin can help men stay young and prevent illness — and also because no one has ever been convicted of purchasing virgins in Cambodia’s courts.
Rattana Chey, 21, learned that her mother was planning to sell her virginity six years ago, and sought help from Riverkids, an organization that provides refuge, schooling and vocational training for children. The organization bribed Rattana’s family with rice in exchange for not selling her. She also learned sewing, making her the family breadwinner, and also allowing her to saver her two younger sisters. “My mother wants to try to sell their virginity, but I will never let that happen,” Rattana says. “Thanks to my earning ability, I am the most powerful person in our family now. I am determined to break the pattern.”
Learn more via Marie Claire.
Listen to a rough cut of Childish Gambino’s “Sober” from his upcomming STN MTN / KAUAI mixtape.